Funk Conspiracy’s Guide to Choosing a Wedding Band
Choosing your wedding band is very important because entertainment is an integral part of your day and one of the things you and your guests will remember forever.
Funk Conspiracy have researched this topic by asking couples what they look for when choosing a wedding band. Here is a checklist that you can refer to when you choose your wedding band.
Top tips for choosing a wedding band
- First and foremost: Availability! Are your band are available on your wedding day? (For information on how far ahead to book your band check the next blog entry.)
- Does the band play live? You do not want a set of musicians playing over backing tracks.
- Do they have stage presence? A connection with the audience is a must.
- Obtain a written contract signed by you and the band. You must ensure you are covered if things go wrong on either side.
- Do they look smart and professional? Make sure they dress up not down!
- How much do they cost? Some bands offer packages at different cost levels to suit your budget. Note that the cheapest band aren’t always the best, you want for value for money but quality at the same time.
- Does the band have a varied repertoire? They should be versatile with the ability to adapt and please your audience. A good band will have the experience to choose the songs that will get people dancing.
- Save yourself time and money! Face to face meetings with the band are not necessary, the same with seeing them play before you book. Most bands have music demos on their websites. Listen to them! Listen out for a good energy and make sure it’s live, not studio recorded.
In a nutshell – key things to look out for: Availability, reliability, professionalism, diversity and versatility. Good luck!
Written by Navella Caretto.